BDEW Congress 2015
23 - 25 June 2015, InterContinental Berlin
The outline of a new overall system is emerging
The framework conditions for a new energy market are currently still being determined. Even today, issues of energy policy are considered in isolation from one another. Some reform projects lack any integration into an overall concept, however, this is urgently needed by companies. Affordability and security of supply are at the very top of the agenda and must be afforded the same level of priority as climate protection.
Now is the time to bundle all of the coming challenges in the future energy market and discuss them together!
These issues form the focus of the BDEW Congress 2015:
- We are currently faced with a fundamental decision: will politicians opt to rely solely on an energy-only-market 2.0 or will a capacity mechanism be introduced? What impact will this have on the economic situation, for example of the municipal utility companies and how will the municipalities approach the challenges? How can the electricity market be designed to maximise compatibility with Europe and how can it contribute to the development of the European internal market?
- The international raw materials markets are constantly changing. What is the state of security of supply in Germany and in the EU? Which geopolitical trends will determine the reality of the energy and water industries of tomorrow?
- One effect of the Energiewende is that the expansion of renewable energies and the associated infrastructure leads to growing utilisation of land. The reorganisation of the energy supply becomes visible to citizens and brings the issue of acceptance to the forefront once more. Will the German government‘s creation of a new hierarchy of goals solve existing conflicts? Will the Federal and Land governments finally see the Energiewende as a joint project? Will new financing instruments and active participant structures improve acceptance?
Join around 1,400 experts from the energy and water industries, politics, science and media to discuss topics including:
- EEG 2.0 - can the competitive promotion of renewable energies in this way be successful?
- What solutions exist for the challenges of the energy grid 2.0?
- What significance does IT have in the energy industry and what security requirements need to be considered?
- How will Germany heat in future?
- More than merely grid and generation? The factors of sales and trade in the Energiewende
- How can energy efficiency be made a topic of high interest?
- What innovations do new companies in our industry have ready to launch?
The accompanying business exhibition:
The BDEW Congress 2015 will once again be accompanied by a business exhibition. The exhibition offers you the opportunity to present your company as well as to learn about new developments in the various industries.
For more information, contact us at
+49. (0)30. 28 44 94 - 185